Monday, October 12, 2009

Opera

I have definitely not been a good blogger since starting school in September, so this is my lame attempt at getting caught up on my blogging. So....opera. I am in love. It would be difficult for me to find something about opera I didn't like. With that in mind I am so grateful to The Met for broadcasting their amazing productions in HD across the world. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Calgary Opera, but The Met provides a whole new level of great. On Saturday they had their opening production which was Tosca. It was divine. Plus with the HD productions you get all the behind-the-scenes action and interviews. It was all very cool. So here is to Puccini, Verdi, Saint-Saens, and many of the other composers that bring me great joy. Oh, and Marcel Alverez, my new favorite tenor.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Amen! Thanks for the fun!

b.liz said...

Ohmy...I'd love to attend live. I had no idea you were such an opera fan.

So, you're in school!? Good for you! Fill me in.

MA said...

Loved it! Had no idea how thrilling HD opera in a movie theatre would be. Although I would still love to attend a live performance at the MET. Plus I love attending with you and Jamie...such fabulous company.

Two Mittens said...

I have to admit I don't know much about Opera but it sounds like great theatrical fun. I may have to give it a try =)